16 Natural Remedies for this festive season
Natural hangover cures you might find handy this festive season.
1) Vitamin C – It is most important you replace the lost vitamin C. Vitamins C stimulates the liver to break down the alcohol content in your system. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory. Take 2 to 4 over a few hours on the day of the hangover. Also take some extra the day before you plan to go out and party.
2) Lemon – Drink fresh lemon juice in some water, hydrating drink, an excellent source of vitamin C and lemon is renowned for helping the liver to detox.
3) Thyme – Thyme, the herb from your kitchen cupboard makes a home remedy for hangover. Make tea by using a heaped teaspoon of dried leaves. Place in a cut pour over boiled water and allow it to steep for 5 minutes, then strain out the leaves and drink the tea.
4) Vitamin B – Take a vitamin B to shorten the duration of your hangover and replaces what was lost. Honey
Much has been written about honey helping to relieve hangovers.
5) Lemon Honey Drink – Try a large glass or two of fresh lemon juice, water, some honey and a pitch of quality salt.
6) Cabbage – Raw cabbage juice
7) Ginger – Chop up finely or grate some fresh ginger, one teaspoon per cup, pour over boiling water and leave it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Helps with nausea, has anti-inflammatory and increases the circulation.
8) Cooked Breakfast – Some people swear by a remedy of eating protein like fried eggs, bacon with plenty of carbohydrates like toast.
9) Bananas – Mashed Banana with a natural yogurt and a little honey. The banana helps calm the stomach, and the honey builds up the depleted blood sugar levels. The yogurt soothes the stomach. Bananas are also rich in important electrolytes magnesium and potassium which are also depleted during drinking.
10)Chicken Soup – Good old fashioned chicken soup works wonders for some people as a hangover remedy. Make the day before.
11) Exercise – A brisk walk in the fresh air does wonders for some people or a trip to the gym.
12) Sandwich – wholewheat bread, peanut butter, mashed banana and honey.
13) Chocolate or Chocolate Drink
70% to 80% cocoa chocolate (helps to produce happy chemicals).
14) Fruit and your blender
Fresh fruit like strawberries would be festive
¼ tsp. salt
Little fresh ginger
Mix together in a blender and drink immediately.
15) Essential Oils available at The Haven
Lavender – relaxes a headache
Fennel – cleansing
Lemon – stimulates the liver
Rosemary – encouraging the circulation
Basil – helps headaches, lifts fatigue
Peppermint – soothes the digestion, calms a headache
16) Epsom Salts
One cup of Epsom salts for a foot bath, soak for feet.
Two cups of Epsom Salts for a bathtub in hot water and soak.
The Magnesium in Epsom salts will help you to detox and relax.
PS. Caution – Not so natural hangover remedies.
It’s common for a lot of people to take some sort of painkiller like aspirin, acetaminophen or ibuprofen their side-effects can be amplified by the extra alcohol.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year